Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Abrahamic Covenant

I have been reading lately, but always after stalling, making excuses, and then quibbling my way through the slightest portion and claiming success, “I read the Bible today…technically…sort of.” Well, I read Genesis 17, and I am so happy that God is not like man.

God’s covenant with Abraham and his descendents was/is simple:

“This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised; and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.” (Gen 17:10-11)

I wonder if God made it that simple so that even fallen man, with an evil heart, could still manage to keep up his end of the deal. Since God is not a man that He should lie or change His mind, we know that He will never fail to live up to His end of the Abrahamic Covenant.

No ifs. No ands. No buts. No excuses. No exclusions. No disclaimers. No caveats. No fine print. His word was, is, and shall be…Amen.

No comments: