Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolutions for the New Year?

Lose weight
Exercise a bit everyday (if only five minutes)
Get back into running
Golf more
Read more
Write more
Study the Bible more
Pray More
Be more active in church
Submit to the Lord
Watch less television
Surf less internet
Be more productive
Take my children outside more
Play with my children more
Play with my wife more
Get swim lessons for my daughters
Get dance lessons for my daughters
Get music lessons for my daughters
Practice guitar
Help more around the house
More spirit less flesh
Eat less junk
Eat less
No soda
Focus more at work
Less “work” at home
Pursue a Masters degree
Learn more about computers
Communicate better with my family
Swear less while driving
Swear less (even to myself)
Drive safer

…believe it or not the list goes on. I was going to adjust the list according to priority, but I thought the way it came out in free flow was more indicative of my human nature. I get to thinking about all my shortcomings and get so distracted by all the things I need to do to improve myself, that I forget what is most important.


But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (Matt 6:33-34)

No comments: