Monday, February 18, 2008

Heap of Faith

A couple weeks back a co-worker contacted me and told me about his realtor. He and his family had just closed on a house and were very happy with the entire experience. My co-worker was struck by how similar our families were, figured our needs in a home must also be similar, and so he called me and gave me the information because he thought it might help.

Since it came out of the blue I wasn’t sure what to do, but I took the information and shared it with my wife. Alone, insignificant, and in a strange place with four very messy little girls, that poor little post-it-note didn’t stand a chance. The information was all but forgotten.

After a couple weeks, we were moved to begin house hunting and somewhat halfheartedly renewed our search. After a weekend not quite devoted and just short of wasted on drive-by rejections of would-be abodes, I was determined to give up our amateur real estate efforts and turn it over to a professional.

My wife confessed that the little post-it was no more…but then she found it a few moments later. I called the realtor during a break at work. The realtor suggested a house; we looked at it the very same evening.

We just initiated a contract on the home.

Now, we prayed repeatedly throughout the ordeal. Specifically, we paused and took a moment to pray before putting our signatures on the dotted line. We really want a house, we really want the search to be over, we really want a backyard for our girls, but more than any of that we absolutely want to take the narrow path.

All who read this please take a moment to pray for us; His will not ours.

No comments: