Friday, October 19, 2007

Cliff's Lost and Found

My wife showed me a blog today called Cliff's Lost and Found. It's a wonderful, funny, intense, honest, and candid blog about being a father in a fallen world. It actually addresses some serious struggles in a very serious way, but also reflects the joy and simplicity that life can be when we trust God.

Two things I really like about the blog is how easy it is to relate to and how hard it is to read. It's easy (for me anyway) to relate to the worthlessness and emptiness that Cliff felt, but it's hard to read it because I tend to suffer with people who suffer.

There are a couple of things to consider if and when you read Cliff's Lost and Found. Cliff describes himself as worthless, but he's far from worthless. Even those who refuse God's grace have worth in His eyes; His grace alone, by definition, is proof. Also, things are only ok if you accept Yeshua as your savior (God’s provision for your sin). Life may still come at you sideways at 100 mph, but no matter what happens to you in this life, God’s got you in the next.

It’s the strangest thing…I love Cliff. I haven’t the slightest idea how or why, but it’s on my heart that I love him.

On a final note about Cliff's Lost and Found, for you parents out there, take a lesson from Cliff and watch what you’re letting your children watch. Look very closely at what your children put in their heads; garbage in, garbage out. Also, watch VeggieTales (and sing along). You can learn a lot…from a tomato.

No comments: