Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 31st

I did read further through the Bible today, but very little. Instead of addressing my meager studies, I'd like to address October 31st.

With respect to the holiday many celebrate on the 31st of October, I’m not sure where it came from, but I can see where it is now, and I can tell where it’s going. There is nothing inherently evil with costumes or candy, and celebrating the day is quite harmless for many.

I offer simply a prayer that instead of taking a day off to celebrate death, fear, darkness, or evil, we use this day especially to proclaim and celebrate the God of life, hope, light, and good. There is only one way, and we have a hard enough time following Him without making it a point to consciously celebrate His antithesis…even if it is just for one day a year.

No comments: