Saturday, October 27, 2007

Between Adam and Noah

I didn't read any further in the Bible yesterday, but today I read the rest of Genesis 5. It seems the entire point to the chapter was to follow the specific lineage from Adam to Noah. I must admit I am typically bored by these chapters of one guy with a strange name “begot” a son with an often even stranger name, and I seldom come away with any divine enlightenment. Of course, these were very real people and it’s a very real lineage, so that makes the history much more interesting (if you like history, anyway).

Could you imagine living for over 900 years?


While yesterday I didn't read any further, I did spend a significant period of time listening with my wife to a couple series by Ravi Zacharias: The Search for Absolutes in a Pluralistic Society and Christ’s Answers for Man’s Questions. They were part of a Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) radio broadcast, Let My People Think.

Dr. Zacharias, originally from India, is pretty much a modern philosopher and Christian apologist and is extremely adept at taking an academic, objective, comprehensive, and faith-filled approach to Christianity in a fallen world. I cannot speak to every aspect of his ministry, but when put to the test, so far he holds up as a man of the one, true God.

If you get an opportunity, I would suggest exploring his ministry and listening to some of his messages. Below is the link to get to the series we listened to; I’ll post the link to RZIM in the sidebar.

http://www.rzim.org/radio/archives.php?p=LMPT

No comments: