Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Duty Daily

My wife made a good point the other day. She asked me about the content of a specific book in The Bible. I had no real answer. While we’ve both read The Bible from cover to cover, it's been so long since I read that book of The Bible, or any of The Bible for that matter, that I'm at a loss for specific details of its content. I was beginning to wonder why my life seemed to be lacking peace lately.

The most poignant part of my little tale is that my wife’s question to me was with regards to what we were going to teach the children. If we don't know it, how can we teach it to the children? It’s like not having any food in the cupboard and still expecting to be able to feed the children.

As the spiritual leader of our family, it’s my duty to obey God and stay on top of this sort of thing. Starting today, I will be reading a portion of the Bible daily and relaying my daily experience. Sure, I’ll write about the content of the readings, but the initial focus will be on the journey. This is going to be more of a snapshot of the daily journey rather than a detailed description.

I must selfishly admit that this is more for me than for anyone who might happen across the blog. If anyone happens to read any of this, I hope you are blessed by it. Feel free to comment as you see fit (refer to the Rules of Engagement in “the hood”).

No comments: